- Wrist guards. The most frequent injury skaters receive is a
broken or sprained wrist.
- Helmet. If you fall on your head, this could save you from becoming
- Knee pads. Can prevent a lot of pain and skin rash.
- Elbow pads. Falling properly to avoid injury requires elbow
pads. Falling on a bare elbow can be very painful.
- When skating is done in the dark: Battery powered lights. Flashing
red lights increase visibility. A flashlight or other white light
can help you see where your are skating.
- A bottle or canteen of water.
Skating with a group is a great way to learn skating. You'll be
able to skate much better than you ever could alone.